- 8 cups popped popping corn (about 1/3 – 1/2 cup of kernels)
- ¼ cup molasses
- ¼ cup real maple syrup
- ¼ cup water
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ tsp vanilla
- ¼ tsp baking soda
1. Preheat oven to 250 F
2. Place popped popcorn in a very large pot or mixing bowl.
3. In a heavy pot stir together the maple syrup, molasses, sugar, water and salt. Bring to a boil over high heat and cook, stirring from time to time, until the temperature reaches 250 F. Remove from heat and stir in the vanilla (it will sputter), baking soda and butter.
4. Pour over the bowl of popped popcorn and mix gently with a rubber spatula (you don’t want to crush the popcorn). When popcorn is well coated, scrape onto a large parchment-lined sided baking sheet.
5. Spread in an even layer and bake at 250 F for 45 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes or so.
6. Cool before eating.